12.17.2017

Calling All Sistahs

Hello Sistahs!  It's been quiet here on the blog, but I had to pop in here for your monthly reminder.  Each month on the 17th I join the Encouragement Squad for Calling All Sistahs to remind you to do breast self-exams and schedule those yearly mammograms.  This time of year we are all busy and can use a reminder to take care of ourselves.  Cancer doesn't care if it is Christmas, but there is hope if it is caught early enough.  Here is my card to remind you that you matter!  Take a few minutes to take care of yourself.


While making this card I had Christmas on my mind, so I used festive colors and paper.  The stripes on the side were stamped from Holly Jolly Borders in black, then I too my Nuvo glitter pen and colored in the blank strips.  It's hard to see in the picture, but it is very sparkly.  The background paper came from an old patterned paper pack that has long since lost its cover.  To create the ribbon I painted a light wash onto watercolor paper, and let it dry before stamping & embossing.  Then I came in again with the same paint color, at a stronger consentration to give each of the diamonds a darker look.  I then cut out the ribbon.  Adding a thin strip of black to the side and gluing my die cuts to black die cuts finish off my card.  


My fellow encouragement squad sistahs have also created lovely cards.  Head on over to the Calling All Sistahs blog to see them and then come back tomorrow to join in new encouragement challenge.

p.s.  If you plan on doing any shopping, be sure to use code encourage17

Stamps: Holly Jolly Borders, Starlequin (CASual Fridays Stamps)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Versamark
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin' Up) Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz)
Accessories: Glitter Pen (Nuvo) Deep Pink Watercolor No. 37 (Kuretake) White Embossing Powder (WOW) Hope Fri-Die, Ruffled Ribbon Fri-Die (CASual Fridays Stamps)



1 comment:

sandie said...

Heather, this has a lovely Festive feel and wow you are so good at nuvo drops, you must have a very steady hand! All the detail you put into the card you made for the ribbon was well worth it as it looks stunning x