7.14.2016

Lovely Notes from the Stamp of Approval Lovely Notes Collection

Yesterday the Lovely Notes collection from Catherine Pooler's Stamp of Approval went on sale to those on her wait list.  If there are any collections left they will go on sale today.  :)  Hurry up and clicky to get one before they are gone!!!





This would make a lovely set of cards to give as a gift, don't you think?  I was inspired by Melissa of Mel's Card Corner in her monochromatic card inspired by Lydia of Understand Blue cyanotype card series.  That is a lot of inspiration!  I do so dearly love monochromatic colors.

Each of these cards is just slightly different to keep it interesting for me to make.  I get bored pretty easily making the same things over and over again.  Obviously I changed the colors and embellishments with each card.  I also changed the size of my mask.


Yes, I used a mask of post it notes and post it not tape to sponge on each of the sqaures/rectangles before stamping my images in a slightly darker shade of the same color.


The Lovely Lattice background stamp was stamped out in the same color I used to sponge each card, but I dabbed off a little ink in several places before stamping it to give it a more distressed look.


I wanted this last card to have a bit of a masculine touch so I could give it to one of my boys.  I went old school on this one pulling out my crop-a-dile and large silver eyelet to top the tag.  :)



I hope you have enjoyed this series of cards using the Lovely Notes collection.  I still have a couple more cards to share with you next week.  Catherine should be announcing the winners of the blog hop boxes very soon.  Good Luck and I can't wait to see what all of you create with this truly lovely collection!!!

Stamps: Butterfly Notes, Lovely Flowers, Lovely Lattice (Catherine Pooler Designs for Stamp of Approval Lovely Notes collection)
Ink: Audrey Blue, Lavender (Simon Says Stamp) Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss,  (Stampin' Up) Blue Raspberry, Cotton Candy, Ripe Raspberry (Color Box for My Favorite Things) Mint Julep, Soft Lilac (Hero Arts Shadow)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Accessories: 1/8" Black Taffeta Ribbon (SU) Black & White Twine (Doodlebug) Lovely Flowers & Banners Dies (Catherine Pooler Designs for Stamp of Approval Lovely Notes collection) Iridescent Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)


1 comment:

Melissa said...

They're all so beautiful, Heather!!!