3.03.2016

Happy Birthday with Colour Q and Just Add Ink

I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday and saw this fabulous card made by Tracey McNeely for the Colour Q challenge.  I absolutely love what she did with her background and the colors she chose, so I had to play with the color combo myself.  It's a very soothing combination that works well for masculine cards.


I didn't have a couple of these colors, so I used the next closest ones.  I already had a stamp set and sketch in mind because I wanted to play along with the JUST add INK's 300th sketch challenge!!!

JAI #300

My card doesn't come close to some of the amazing design team samples, but I sure had fun!  It was completely accidental that I used so many Sale-A-Bration items on this card.  I just kept pulling things out that I thought would work for these 2 challenges.  :)  Now you know how much I spent with my last SU order.  lol.



  I'm already thinking ahead and planning to make something similar to this card for Father's Day.


Stamps: Perfect Pairings (SAB), Sky is the Limit (SAB), Timeless Textures (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate (SU)
Paper: Island Indigo, Perfect Pairings DSP (SAB), Smoky Slate, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories: Grey and White Twine

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the movement in your background!! Terrific card. I'm so happy you could join us at ColourQ this week!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Heather, I love this stamp set! So glad you joined us at the colourQ.