11.01.2015

Sew Sunday ~ Meet Meeka ~ ALYOF November Goals

My finish this month is a special one and it has to be done soon!  My new niece was born last week and I am traveling down to California to meet her.  I really want to bring her quilt with me.  Indulge a new auntie here for a moment and allow me to introduce to you Meeka Genevieve Anastasia Jobe.

My brother and his 3 day old daughter

Ready to go home

I originally bought soft pastel fabric for her quilt and then discovered that her mom likes bright bold colors and animals, so I switched it up and went with the Wildflower Meadow from Riley Blake. 


Here is my progress so far.  I just need to trim all my blocks, sew them together and quilt it this week.  That's not asking too much is it?  I attach the binding while I am down there visiting.  If I don't get it done in time for my visit I can always send it down later, but I am making this my goal for November with Melissa & Shanna at A Lovely Year of Finishes.

alyof2015
November Goals

Here is my progress.  I have more blocks sewn, but need to make sure the rest are square before I sew them together.  With any luck I will have the top done by tomorrow.



9 comments:

CapitolaQuilter said...

Congrats on the beautiful newborn niece - nothing is more motivating than a baby. Good luck with your goal and enjoy your trip. Bind it en-route if you have to.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Beautiful baby. I'm sure the quilt will be wonderful! I love the bright prints!

HJ said...

Beautiful baby and your quilt with be a wonderful heirloom for her.

Carol Held said...

I think it is a Blessing to share this Aunt Heather.....You are major talented my friend, and the quilt is gorgeous...She is going to treasure it I'm sure. Have a wonderful trip.

Debbie Bonczek said...

Congratulations on your new niece. How exciting, and what beautiful fabrics. Can't wait to see the finished product.

ClotheslineCottons said...

She has such pudgy little cheeks! Adorable. The fabrics you are working with perfect, I like those marching hedgehogs a lot!

KaHolly said...

Oh, how sweet! She will look beautiful swathed in her new quilt! Good luck accomplishing your goal.

Lisa said...

It is going to be so cute

Kristie Goulet said...

Meeka is so adorable! I love the quilt you are making her. It is going to be so special. I love handmade quilts. My MIL made one for each of her grandchildren and my kids all still have theirs. Such a special memory they have of her now that she has passed. ♥