11.16.2015

Peaceful Poinsettia ~ SC117 Sketch

When I first saw the sketch for this week's challenge at Stampin' Celebration I thought it would be perfect to showcase some of the new Christmas paper from Stampin' Up!  Then I forgot to order the paper.  No problem.  I decided to make my own Autumn background and use my new leaf dies.   The card I made was awful though. UGH!  Do you ever have days like that?  Finally I decided to make my own Christmas background and I am happy with how it turned out.


I used post-it tape along masking paper to mask off my while I did my stamping and I am so pleased with the end result.  To make the left side stand out a bit more from the right I lightly sponged it with the same color I used for my pine boughs.


As you can see I flipped the sketch.  It's so much fun to turn sketches and see all the designs you can make with one sketch. Be sure to head on over to Stampin' Celebration to see how the rest of the design team was inspired and then enter your own creation to the linky in the post.  

Stamps: Reason for the Season
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Real Red, Tuxedo Black(Memento)
Paper: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Accessories: Gold Stampin' Glitter, Stampin' Sponge, 1/8" Scor-Tape, Mask Paper (InkaDinkaDoo)

Reason for the Season Photopolymer Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
Reason for the Season
Gold Stampin' Glitter by Stampin' Up!
Gold Stampin' Glitter


Cucumber Crush Classic Stampin' Pad  by Stampin' Up!
Cucumber Crush


1 comment:

Shari said...

Very beautiful card. Nothing beats traditional Christmas colors. ♥