10.25.2015

Sew Sunday ~ ALYOF October

This month I set my goal low for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  Mostly because I have lots of small projects that needed to get done.  I'm happy to say I met my October goal!


Unfortunately I did not get a picture of my bag.  :(  Thankfully our guild president, Melissa Dunworth, did take a picture of all our bags, so I do have some proof.  Mine is the bag in front on the far right.  Behind it is the orange bag I got back in the exchange.  :)   I do have a close up of that picture.





Adding a zipper was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I'm glad our guild had this swap so I would be "forced" to get over my fear and give this a try.
alyof2015
October Finish Party

My brother is going to be a dad soon, so I started a new quilt for my niece.  :)  This will definitely be my finish for November because I want to finish it before I go down to CA to meet her.  <3   I shared this picture on instagram, but I don't think I have on my blog.



The fabric is from a Riley Blake layer cake.  I learned the hard way that not all the squares were perfectly square.  Halfway through I had to trim and square up every square on ALL 4 SIDES!  What a pain.  It's my first time using a layer cake.  In the future I will double check their blocks before I start.


The patterns are cute though, and the fabric is so soft and buttery.  That makes it  nice to work with.  I'm taking part in a quilt along online to make this quilt.  I love that I can have my iPad in my sewing room to watch, pause and replay the videos while I quilt.


Be sure to link up your finishes with Melissa & Shanna.  Today I am fighting a cold my husband brought home with him this weekend and I'm working on some hand applique while we watch football and movies.  :(   I don't to work on the baby's quilt while I am sick, and honestly I am more likely to make mistakes while I am sniffling, sneezing and coughing.  

3 comments:

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

The bag swap looks like a great idea. Congratulations on your finish! The baby quilt will look wonderful. Hope you feel better soon!

Farm Quilter said...

Zippers scare me too! I haven't put in a zipper since I made my own clothes back in high school...a very long time ago!!! Can't wait to see your finish in November - love baby quilts!

Edith said...

Congratulations on your October finish, and the baby quilt is going to be so cute.