6.28.2015

Sew Sunday ~ ALYOF

This post is sort-of sad and pathetic.  I chose a very simple goal this month for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  My goal was to complete the last 2 blocks for the Elizabeth Hartman class I took earlier this month.  Such a simple goal for a busy month, and I almost didn't make it.  Thankfully I did set this as my goal because if I had not, I would have put this project away into a UFO pile and not pulled it out again for a very long time. 


 Now I want to get to work on making more blocks for this quilt.  Finishing the duplex blocks on my own from start to finish has given me confidence to try making more blocks from this book.  It is hard for me to read instructions and follow them when it comes to sewing.  I'm much better at seeing it done, then doing it myself with dimensions and visuals as reference.   Thank you Melissa and Shanna for giving me the push I needed this month to spend a couple of hours in my sewing room.  If you haven't linked up your project yet you still have a couple more days.   Good luck!
alyof2015
June Finish Party
What I didn't get finished was my black to white quilt for the BTWQKS challenge.  :(   Boo-hoo.  Even though they gave everyone an extra week to submit, I couldn't make the time to get it done.   There was just not time at home to sew.  My son's baseball and end of year activities took up every spare moment I had, and my sewing machine doesn't transport well to the ballfield. LOL   I'm not too worried though.  I'm making this quilt for my youngest son, so I know it will get done.  Here is a picture of some of the progress.

 
Now I need to switch gears and get to work on my Riley Blake challenge quilt for the Modern Quilt Guild.  It would be nice to get a challenge quilt done on time.  We will see though.  Baseball season is still going for a few more weeks and Cross Country conditioning has started.   Just call me "taxi mom".  I'll be in my car or at the field.  :)

No comments: