5.03.2015

Sew Sunday + Sunday Share

Last week I celebrated a milestone birthday.  I didn't really want to celebrate it.  I didn't want to be a decade older, overnight.  But, my dear husband got me a birthday gift that makes me want to celebrate all month long!  


Now I shall finally find out if it is my machine that can't quilt or me.  I have a sneaky suspicion that it is a little of one and a lot of the other.  ;)  I'm so excited to try out the quilting capabilities on my new machine that I am making my May goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes a quilting goal.

A Lovely Year of Finishes
May Goal

My goal this month will be to finally quilt this half square triangle color value quilt.  This will give me a chance to play with my new walking foot, as well as practice some free motion quilting.  I'm actually excited to start my least favorite part of the quilting process!  That is a gift indeed.


Since it is my birthday week, I hope you will indulge me in sharing some of the cards I received.  One of them is missing because it was sitting on my desk.  I think the kitties must have knocked that adorable rain boot card behind the desk because I can't find it.  It will be a nice surprise when we move the desk to paint in a couple of months.  :)  


I love receiving cards in the mail whether they are handmade, store bought, or scribbled on a notepaper. Opening the mail box and finding a card makes my heart sing!  Thank you friends and family for sending the love.  <3  The roses have been played with by our cats too.  Trouble makers.  It was so sweet.  My youngest son and husband picked them out by hand.  They are the prettiest shades of lilac and lavender I have ever seen in roses.  <3


Since you are already indulging me in this Sunday share added to ALYOF goal, I must "Mom Brag" a little bit.  My oldest son gave me the best gift he's ever given me, making the Vice President's honor list at Centralia College.  This is how I spent the afternoon of my birthday while my other son and his dad bought me roses.  I am beyond blessed, and I know it!




Now that my birthday is coming to a close I need to get to work on some Mother's Day card to share with you next week.  I only have one done and I need to send at least 4.  YIKES!  Here's a sneak peek at the one that is finished.


 I've been asked to make some thank you cards for the South Sound Modern Quilt Guild.  It's sew much fun combing my 2 creative loves.  Speaking of SSMQG, clicky to see a recap of our guild's Arts Walk Challenge Quilt Display.  Here's a sneak of some cards that will be coming to my blog in the next couple of weeks. 



I'm headed to Multnomah Falls for the day. The sun is shining and it's going to be a great day for a drive with the top down.  Birthday week is certainly a glorious week, even though I haven't had one day dedicated to doing the quilting and cardmaking I love.

1 comment:

Carol Held said...

Happy Birthday dear friend! Such lovely, loving gifts for you! Enjoy the love! Smiles