5.30.2015

Sew Saturday ~ May Finish ~ Color Value Quilt

May was a packed month for our household, so I didn't have much time for sewing.  I did manage to finish my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes though.  My goal was to finish my half square triangle color value quilt.  I think it needs a new name, don't you?


The reason I chose this lofty goal was I wanted this quilt to be done, (clicky to see my first post about it over a year ago) and I needed to practice FMQ on my new machine.  Can I tell you how much I love my new machine?  This was WAY easier to quilt than anything I tried on Brother PR420.  I still need to practice and hone my skills, but I can definitely tell the difference.  The right tools make all the difference.



Since I was playing with my new machine I decided to try out one of the embroidery stitches for my label.  It turned out larger than I expected, but I found a way to add it to the quilt instead of the binding.  The more I quilt, the more I find it is not about perfection as much as practice.  There are some things that will have to be learned through trial and error.  The more I practice, the more experience I gain, the more I use that experience, the better I become. 


Now if I could just find the TIME to put into my sewing and quilting, I would be golden.  :)   

A Lovely Year of Finishes
May Finish

Remember, tomorrow is the last to link up your finishes with Melissa and Shanna.  I'm celebrating your achievements with you!  


2 comments:

Marlene Bonetti said...

Oh Heather, your Quilt looks amazing! Wonderful colors and the back site looks great!
Have a nice sunday!

Heather North said...

Thank you, Marlene! You just made my day!!!