5.16.2015

Sew Saturday + Cards

I haven't had much time in my sewing room this week, except for doing some ironing, and fabric pulling, so I don't have any new sewing pictures to share with you.  BUT, I do have some cards.  :)  


My quilt guild (SSMQG) asked me to make a few thank you cards for them to give out.  It was perfect timing because I just got this new Notions stamp set from Waffle Flower.  If you love to sew and make cards, this stamp set will be right up your alley.  I've made 8 card already using this stamp.  :)  I'll be sharing them on my blog over the next couple of weeks.  Subscribe to my blog to have posts emailed to you if you don't want to miss them.


 I get bored pretty easily with repetitive card making, so I like to make little changes to each card.  Can you spot the differences in the 3 cards I made above?



To make this card I stamped the sewing machine, then used a piece of post-it note masking tape to mask off the right side of my card.  Then, I began filling in the right side of my card  using different stamps from the stamp set.  I varied the colors of ink for the spools of thread and the buttons.  When I was happy with the coverage of "notions" I lightly sponged on some soft color so the line would be clearly marked.  The last step was to add my sentiment.

I've been using the masking technique on my cards all week.  Clicky here and here if you want to see more examples.  If you ever want to see a video on how I made any of my cards, just leave me a comment letting me know.

Stamps: Notions (Waffle Flower)
Ink: Aqua Mist (Paper Trey Ink); Berrylicious (My Favorite Things); Green Apple, Slate (Simon Says Stamp); London Fog, Tuxedo Black (Memento); Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise (Stampin' UP!); Black Onyx (Versafine); Vesamark
Paper: Marshmallow (Bazzil)
Accessories: Clear Embossing Powder (SU); Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder (Ranger)

2 comments:

Joyce Spear said...

I'm not a sewer, but I do think these cards are just adorable! I do the same thing with making each card in a batch slightly different, so it was fun seeing how you changed things up on these. I love the colors you chose, and I'm intrigued with how you mixed inks from different companies to achieve your look. Hmmm... maybe I should give myself permission to shop for other inks to combine with my SU ones! ;)

Kristie Goulet said...

How cute and perfect are these, Heather?! LOVE them!