9.26.2014

Marla's Birthday Card + Video

Have you missed me? I've been absent from my blog this week in preparation for some fun things come up.  First up will be World Card Making Day, next weekend.  We are starting the festivities on Friday, October 3rd when WCMD first hits the world and wrapping it up on Sunday in the last location to start WCMD in the world.  Pretty cool, huh?  That means LOTS of cards being made to inspire you over at StampNation.



I've also been working some projects for an upcoming Christmas card class.  More deets on that coming soon, but for now, here is a sneak peek.


While making these cards I've also been filming videos and that means more time editing.  YIKES!  I did manage to sneak in some time to create a card just for my blog readers and youtube followers.  I was working on WCMD cards and thought one of the inspiration photos would make a perfect birthday card for my friend, Marla.


I kept the camera rolling while I created this card.  The pink flowers ended up being WAY brighter than I expected them to be, but Marla loved it anyway.  She is sweet like that.

***Note-  If you are reading this post in an email or reader you may need to go to my blog to view the video below.



The layout for this card came from the awesome sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Any time I am in a "time crunch" I know that using a sketch will help me out.  Thanks to this sketch I was able to create my card, start to finish, in 50 minutes.  That is awesome considering all the coloring I did.  Thank you FMS!  

FMS155





Supplies:
Stamps: Bloom with Hope (Hostess-SU), SPecial Wishes (Penny Black - Inside of card)
Paper: Flourish (Authentique), Lost Lagoon (SU), Smoky Slate (SU)
Copic: RV34, RV06, RV09, G24, YG63, YG67, Y08, Y11
Ink: London Fog (Memento), Black Onyx (Versafine)
Accessories: Embellished Tag (Mama Elephant), Clear Embossing Powder (SU), Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

Bloom With HopeHostess

2 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the bright, pretty colors on this tag. The faux stitching and sequins add such a pretty touch too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

This is really lovely! The happy colors and pretty papers are a great combination. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!