7.31.2014

Sew Saturday on Thursday ~ ALYOF

I'm cutting the deadline for A Lovely Year of Finishes close this month. Today is the last day of the month and I am happy to report my Michael Miller quilt top is finished.


It is too late to enter it into the Modern Quilt Guild Michael Miller fabric challenge, but just in time for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  Right now I have no clue how I am going to quilt it, but I do have a couple of ideas for the back.  Here is the quilt while I was trying to decide which border to add.


My first thought was to use the small scraps of fabric together to form a border, but it really distracted from the design of the quilt itself.  I started to set them aside, to the right of the quilt and this cool pattern started to form that may just work itself into the back.  Time will tell.  For now I am going to put it away and work on some colors I actually like.  ;)


Header Image

Tomorrow I will be at the South Sound Modern Quilt Guild booth at the Thurston County Fair.  If you are local, stop by and say hi.  I'll be there between 1-4pm.  It's my first time going to the Thurston County Fair.  Hopefully it won't be too hot.  My plan is to work on hand sewing the binding for my Modern Metallic quilt.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the quilt, scrapbook and card exhibits.  I'll try to take some pictures to share with you.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Beautiful Heather~