6.28.2014

Sew Saturday

It's been sew long since I had a Sew Saturday post.   In late May I cleaned up my sewing room, putting everything away, and didn't sew for 3 weeks!  <gasp>   It was sort-of nice to have a clean sewing table and fabric folded on shelves and in drawers, but it is so much nicer to be in the room playing again.



At the end of May I showed you my finished Modern Metallic quilt.  Here is one of the stars left over from that quilt.  I've decided to add about 4" to it and use it for the Astronomical star block challenge.  http://www.quilts.com/pressreleases/y2013/FQF13QuiltChallengeFlyer.pdf

Even though I haven't been spending time in the sewing room, I have been hand sewing the binding on my baseball quilt.  Washington doesn't always know it is summer.  I tried to take a picture of myself working on the quilt, but all you can see is me in my coat.  Here I am wearing a long sleeve shirt, a lightweight hoodie and my coat with the jean/flannel quilt on my lap on top of a fleece blanket.  Yep, I was cooooold.  Tomorrow is the last day of baseball season and I am hoping to get the last 8 inches sewn down.



A few days ago I decided that my sewing room had stayed clean long enough, so I pulled out the Michael Miller fabric for the challenge our South Sound Modern Quilt Guild is participating in.  NEVER would I have picked out these fabrics myself, so it is kind-of fun to play with them. My hope is that this will be my finish for July.

What have you been sewing lately?  Does sewing/quilting take a back seat for you in the summer or do you play with your sewing all year long?

No comments: