5.04.2014

Sunday Share ~ StampNationLive 2014 Part 1

Last weekend I took the trip of a lifetime and had the amazing opportunity to meet up with some of my friends who live in my computer.  We had a stamping good time at the StampNation Live retreat in North Carolina!   Can you believe this girl from the Pacific Northwest flew across the United States, by herself, to the South East?!!!


Flying is not my favorite thing, but I do like that it gets me there quicker than driving.  :)  Unfortunately all but one of the 4 flights was fully booked so we were crammed in like sardines, but I made it.

Sitting on Catherine Pooler's back porch on her comfy wicker furniture.
My first day in North Carolina was spent with Catherine Pooler.  I helped her and her daughter, Anna, set up the room for the ladies.  Actually they had already done most of the work before I even got downstairs to the room.  Then she took me out to eat at Aladin's.  The food was yummy!  After running a few last minute errands we went to her home to wait for Maureen and Kristie's planes to land.

I'm sure I looked like an idiot staring at her room where she makes all the magic happen.  It's just that I couldn't believe I was actually there!  She kept asking me if I was bored as she was working on her computer, and I meant it when I said, "no, I'm just soaking it all in".


After we picked up the rest of the dream team from the airport we headed to dinner.  It was such a fun time of connecting, sharing and planning for the future of StampNation.   Can you believe we didn't get a picture?  After dinner we went to the hotel to finish setting up the room and found several ladies in the lobby checking in a day early.  :)  Oh my, what a party!


There were some amazing sponsors for StampNation Live.  Here is the registration table with goodies for the first day.


Every day there were new make-n-takes for the attendees to work on.  We also had an OWH table set up for people to make cards for Operation Write Home.  :)




We also had try-it tables each day.  I was in charge of the Copic try-it table.



 Kristy Dalman from Some Odd Girl sponsored the table with a couple of digital images for the ladies and gentlemen to try out.  Here is the card I made with her adorable shy bunny digital stamp.



The ladies seemed to enjoy learning how to use Copics and playing with some digital images.



This post is getting super long, so I am going to save the rest of my pictures for another day.  I must leave you with the best part of StampNation Live 2014... the sistahs who were at the retreat with us and the sistahs online who were there in spirit.  God did not give me a sister from my parents, but He has blessed me with some amazing friends that have become my sistahs by choice.  <3  Thank you ladies for making this event such a special memory for me.


Want to learn more about StampNation?  It's a wonderful resource for card makers of every level, but it is so much more!








2 comments:

Allison Cope said...

How fun and sweet are you Heather!! Great photos. I hope you had an amazing time!

Virginia L. said...

Thanks for the share, Heather! You girls had such awesome time...The happy photos said it all.