5.31.2014

Sew Saturday ~ Modern Metallic Finish

May has been such a crazy, busy month.  We have been working hard on getting our yard ready for our son's graduation party next weekend, so there hasn't been much free time to work on my sewing.  Yesterday I made finishing my quilt a priority.  Thank you Melissa and Shanna for giving me ALYOF.  Without your monthly challenge this quilt would still be sitting on my design wall.


This quilt did not end up the way I planned it in my head.  There simply wasn't enough of the metallic fabric to achieve the look I was going for, so I had to improvise.  For the past 6 weeks I have played around with different designs until I came up with one I could live with.


I think I almost like it.  When this fabric line becomes available for sale, I just might purchase more so I can create what I envisioned.  The back was pieced together using the blocks I didn't use on the front.  I just couldn't get the brown to fit in with the greys with the little bit of grey fabric I had left.


As you can see it was quilted simply with angled lines.  All that is left is to decide on the binding, but that will have to wait until after graduation week, I think.

The great thing is that you can turn this one all different directions.  There is no top nor bottom.  :)   One more finish in the book.  Now I must go take advantage of the sun and work on repairing our fence.

ALYoF2014
ALYOF May

2 comments:

Debbie Bonczek said...

Definitely has a metallic look. Love the design.

Wendy said...

what a fab quilt - I love the design! I think I can detect the metallic look to it, I need to see these fabrics up close!