2.22.2014

Sew Saturday ~ Quilt Card

It's a sewing weekend for me as I attempt to finish quilting my son's quilt, but I took a break to complete this card that has been in progress all week.  Obviously my mind wasn't too far from the sewing machine.   :)


Isn't it fun when you two crafting worlds collide?  My quilt was simply colored with Copics. Not much shading and blending going on.  The reason I had to finish this card is that I wanted to enter it in the Curtain Call Challenge.  Lil' Inker Designs is the sponsor this week and I would love to win the prize.  My wish list is looooong for LID.  ;)  

CC- Cozy Quilt
Isn't that stitched banner cute?!  To create it I took my copics and colored a scrap of paper for my sentiment using the same colors I used in the quilt above it before cutting it out with my stitched banner die from Lil' Inker Designs.

The center panel was an "oops" that I almost threw away. It was created by covering my cardstock with a stencil and spraying glimmer mist over it. Unfortunately I sprayed a bit to much and ended up losing the definition from the stencil.  It makes a beautiful backdrop piece though.  

The center panel was framed with my stitched scallop die cuts.  (again from LID)  The last step was to add the baker's twine and button.  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  If you are here to see my Sew Saturday quilt, come back tomorrow, or scroll up to newer posts.  :)  I need an extra day to finish this one.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Beautiful Shelf (The Craft's Meow), Express Yourself (SU- Hostess)
Copics: BG13, C1, YG63, V12,
Ink: Trunk Bay Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Sahara Sand, Black
Misc: Garden Vines Stencil (Memory Box), Stitched Scallop Die (Lil' Inker Designs), Stitched Sentiment Flag (LID),  Button (SU), Pool Baker's Twine (SU-SAB), Pink Baker's Twine (Jillibean Soup??)

3 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card, Heather! Love that little stitched banner and I need to add that to my wish list. :) I just got the scallop border the other day. LOVE!!! ♥

~amy~ said...

Now how awesome is this?! I love the colors!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call-Cozy Quilt :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Heather, that layering is amazing. All those beautiful colors coming together to make such a special card. I liked LID stuff, too, but it has to wait on the budget!