2.17.2014

Bee-yond Fabulous

Sometimes "Thank You" just isn't enough.  That is why I used the sentiment from the Thanks Bee to Thee stamp set from The Crafts Meow.  


I created two cards, playing with the different colors and contrast.   All the colors come from the current Colour Q Challenge.  I substituted Real Red for Ruby Red and Coastal Cabana for Cool Caribbean because I don't have those colors that are listed in the challenge.

CQC#228

The first card is bold with black lines and a red mat.


The second card has a softer outline with blue ink instead of black for the hexagon outlines.  It's matted in a soft blue so that the mat fades away.


Both cards were inspired by last week's sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.   As you can see I offset the hexagons instead of lining them up like the circles in the sketch.

FMS
They also fit nicely with the Hexagons: Happy for Hexagons in the Moxie Fab World Challenge.

Moxie Fab World
MFW Hexies

The little bee needed a touch of glimmer, so I used a gel glitter pen to add some sparkle to his wings.  It doesn't show up in the picture very well, but looks nice in person.



Which card is your favorite?  The bold red or soft blue?  

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Thanks Bee to Thee (The Craft's Meow)
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine (SU), Glitter Pen (Sakura)

10 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Heather, this is Gorgeous!! You should enter it to the Paper Crafts Magazine Moxie Fab World Happy for Hexagon Challenge!
Here is the Link: http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2014/02/hexagons-happy-for-hexagons-challenge.html

Good Luck!
-Kimberly

Claire said...

Both lovely but I think I like the bold red the best...I'll probably change my mind tomorrow. The offset hexagons look great instead of the circles and I like the way you've brought them to the bottom edge of the card. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

Karen Dunbrook said...

really cute card...

Kristie Goulet said...

Both are great Heather. My fave is the bold red the best! :)

Anonymous said...

I *think* I like the blue best. What a way to bring your quilting to your cards. =)

Robin K. said...

Both are nice but I like the bold red best- it pops more:)

Pam said...

Adorable cards - and you did such an amazing job incorporating the different challenges into one card design!

Pam said...

Adorable cards - and you did such an amazing job incorporating the different challenges into one card design!

teri said...

Hi Heather!

Thanks for linking up to the MFW Happy for Hexagons challenge!

Teri

Sally said...

Definitely the red~ I'm getting hung up on red for some reason~ Came to see if you'd posted something new today and am just wondering thru your inspiring blog~