12.02.2013

Snowy Thanks


Monica joined the StampNation team back in October for World Card Making Day.  She introduced us to the metal sheets she sells in her store, "Add A Little Dazzle".  Don't you just love the name?!!!  Last week she had her first Dazzling Diva challenge.   You can see my card in THIS POST.  Would you believe this card was chosen as the winner?!!!!   Thank you Dazzling Design Team!!!! I'm so excited because not only will I be getting some of her metal sheets, but over the Thanksgiving weekend she launched a hot new product.  I'm looking forward to trying it out and sharing it with you.



This week the Dazzling Diva's challenge is to make a thank you card.  I had this sparkly snowflake layer since last winter and just couldn't bear to throw it away.  Now I am glad I held on to it because it wouldn't be a Dazzling Diva card without a little bling.  ;)

Dazzling Divas Challenge #2
DDC #2

From the inspiration photo I knew I wanted to make a snowy thank you card and I had this beautiful piece of sparkly paper and one of my favorite script stamp sets, but wasn't sure how to put the card together.  That's where the current Sweet Sunday Sketches comes in.  Once again a sketch comes to the rescue!


SSS #198

I wish the camera could capture the sparkle I see in real life.  If you look closely you can see that I used the strip of sparkly snowflake that I trimmed off the front and put it on the inside of the card.  I like having a bit of the outside on the inside and I hate to throw away a piece of paper I love.


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe:  (SU supplies unless otherwise noted)

Stamps: Million and One, Snowflake Soiree
Paper: Snow Festival DSP (retired), Island Indigo DSP Stack (retired), Island Indigo & Cherry Cobbler cardstock, Whisper White cardstock
Ink: Versamark
Accessories: 1.25" circle punch, Snow Flurry EF, Dazzling Diamonds, Xyron sticker maker, White Embossing Powder, Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon

Reminder:  Today is the last day of Stampin' UP!'s holiday sale.  Clicky.   Today is also the last day for my Thanksgiving Weekend special.  Clicky to go to that post and learn more about it.  The new Valentine's Products and Best of Stamp sets have been released for December.  Clicky  Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card, Heather! Love the colors and I am sure it is so sparkly in real life. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful! Anyone getting that would certainly save it for a very long time!