12.05.2013

Joy to the World

Don't you love when you find the perfect sentiment for your stamps?  This globe ornament stamp was a gift from a friend.  I paired it with "Joy to the World".  What sentiment would you use?


The sketch for this card comes from Retro Sketches.  Not only am I on a roll with my Christmas cards, I've actually been finishing challenges before they end.  Woot woot!  That's a good crafty week.


The globe was stamped on some paper from My Mind's Eye paper stack that I've been hoarding since last summer.  It's a subtle look to stamp on DSP instead of just plain cardstock, but I just love the detail it adds to this stamp.   I stamped it with Versmark and then embossed it with black embossing powder.  To color the image I used Copics as well as SU markers and blender pen.  Copics are so much easier to color with, but I only own a handful of markers.



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Supplies (SU unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Joy to the World, Globe Ornament (unknown maker)
Ink: Blender Pen, Copic YG63, Copic YG67, Marina Mist, Versamark,
Paper: Cowboy Paper Pack (MME), Epic Day DSP, Seasons of Style DSP
Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Circle Framelits,  Silver Ribbon

Joy To The World Clear-mount Stamp Set
Joy to the World
Silver 1/8" Ribbon
Silver 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just looked up Copic markers and I can see why you only have a few! This card is lovely. I think the stamp would be great for something having to do with books - a librarian, a reader, an author? Something like Travel the World With Books or With books you never have to leave home. =) Also great for a cartographer!

Heather North said...

Those are great suggestions! The other sentiment I have used for this stamp is "you mean the world to me". The cheapest site I have found for Copics is Carpe Diem, but they are still pretty pricey. Plus they have a HUGE selection, so I'm having trouble deciding which colors to get.

Karren said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment. It led me here and I'm glad it did! This card is gorgeous! That globe stamp is fantastic and your coloring is great. I'm slowly, slowly building up my Copics collection. I buy from Dick Blick (cheapest price I've found) and to get started I used the info on Darlene deVries blog on which colors to buy. http://darlenedesign.com/wordpress/?page_id=2802#copics

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS card Heather :) LOVE the sentiment & world stamp!

Heather North said...

Thank you so much! Karren, it's funny you mention Darlene. I was on her blog last night looking up her color suggestions. She has taught me so much about Copic coloring. I'll have to check out Dick Blick. Carpe Diem is selling them for under $5 this weekend. I think it is $4.14, but I can't swear to that.