12.30.2013

It's A Monday

Today is Monday.  I had big plans for Monday.  It was going to be a crafty day of quilting, working on my Design Team cards and filming a few videos.   Unfortunately I started my day with ironing.  That's not the worst part.  I decided to try out my new mini iron on my small half square triangle blocks with this bad boy.

Owie Iron

I'll spare you the details, but it ends with a bad burn on my index finger.  My question as to whether this iron gets hot or not is YES!   Thankfully my dear husband came home with burn cream, but it's not pretty.  No videos and no typing with my "pointy" finger and no playing with my new toys today.  :(   On the bright side I have loads of cards to share with you that I've made since Christmas, so I can take a few days to heal.


This card is a complete CASE from my dear friend, Kristie.  As soon as I saw her card I wanted to copy it.  I loved everything about her card from the sentiment to the double layer of stripes to the glitter.  Clicky to go to her blog and see my inspiration.  BTW- I wasn't the only one who loved her creation.  She won a challenge with her card.  ;)  Way to go Kreative Kristie!!!!


There were a couple of things I changed on my card.  My stripes go in different directions, I added some bling to the sentiment and I used black glitter.  (This stuff is cool!)   I'm not sure how Kristie created her stripes, but I'm sad I can't make a video to show you the easy tricks I used.  Perhaps I will on another card soon.   The stripes in the background were stamped with Real Red ink using a clear stamp called Knotty by Avery Elle.   The stripes in the foreground were made using sticky strip and black glitter.

Hopefully your day went better than mine.  On a bright note I FINALLY got my printer working after being without it for almost 3 weeks.  I use that thing almost daily to print challenges, coupons, invoices, letters, etc.  It will be nice to be able to print out sketches again instead of trying to decipher my drawings.

Thank you again for the inspiration Kristie!

Creative Blessings,
Heather

Card Recipe
Stamps: Another Thank You (SU), Knotty (Avery Elle)
Ink: Real Red (SU)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White
Misc: Scor-Tape, Black Glitter (SU), Basic Rhinestones

2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

So sorry to hear about your mishap, Heather but am so excited to see your card. I think I like yours better than mine! LOVE it and I think I will have to CASE you now. Thank you for the shout out! HUGS!!!!

On my card I stamped the red stripes and the glitter stripes were champagne glimmer paper strips. ;)

Debbie Bonczek said...

Wow . . . you rocked the CASE. Love the way you flipped it.

So sorry about your finger. Occupational injury! Amazing what we do to ourselves. Hope it heals quickly.