10.09.2013

World Card Making Day ~ Kit 4 ~ Lacy & Lovely Miss You

Have you been enjoying the card kit videos for World Card Making Day?  Today is the 4th and final kit, but don't despair... I have a bonus video tomorrow, and more cards to show you next week.  :)  Now for another one of my favorite cards.


My card today was inspired by the WCMD photo challenge at StampNation for Egypt.  Isn't this photo amazing?  What can you create using this picture as your muse?


One of the things that struck me was the white and black pop against the color, so I pulled out my embossing powder and got to work.  Check out the video below to see how this card was made.

***Note- If you are reading this post in an email or reader you may need to go to my blog to watch the video.  Simply click on the post title above to go there now.


Did you catch my major boo-boo?  You couldn't miss it.  :D  Thankfully it was fix-able. 

With these techniques each card will turn out slightly different.  That's the unique beauty of hand-crafted art.


While I was working on designing this card I tried several things and ended up with some pretty scraps, so I decided to use them on the inside of my card.  This card is one of several from WCMD that will be going to Operation Write Home, so they needed a light colored liner for the troops to write on.

My plan was to have a butterfly on the front above the label, but each one I tried seemed to get lost in the background, so I decided to just put 2 of them inside. 


Click HERE for the Giveaway post.  Only one more day to enter to win the set of 4 card kits!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Lacy and Lovely
Ink: Pool Party, Versamark
Cardstock: Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle Card Framelits, Pool Party Embossing Powder, Smoky Slate EP, Whisper White Satin Ribbon



Lacy & Lovely Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Lacy & Lovely Stamp Set


Circle card Thinlits Die
Circle Card Thinlits

Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder
Pool Party Embossing Powder

Smoky Slate Stampin' Emboss Powder
Smoky Slate Embossing Powder