10.04.2013

Shoebox Swap ~ Part 4 ~Let's Celebrate

Friday is finally here and it's going to be so much fun!  First up I just have to let you know about the party going on tomorrow not only on my blog (I'm involved in 2 blog hops), but the party will be all over the world because October 5th is World Card Making Day.  Did you even know there was such a thing?  A day just to celebrate by making cards?  I love being a crafter.  National Scrapbooking Day is the first Saturday in May.  I wonder if there is a quilting day?  Anybody know?   I digress... I'll be moving my Sew Saturday to Sunday because tomorrow we are taking a Trip Around The World.


Now on to the last day of my Shoebox Swap Showcase.  It's a celebration.  Prepare for picture overload.  :)  In a good way, of course.

Left to Right....

1. The card on the far left tucked behind all the others was a perfect card to add to my stash.  It will be great for the next guy birthday my teenagers go to.  I love the little package topper she gave us for that one.  I'm going to be CASEing that idea for sure!

2. The next card was a show stopper.  I NEED that high heels stamp. Here is a close-up.
I also "need" to find that hot pink zebra striped jewel.  Anyone know where I can find these things?
As soon as I saw the sample sitting on the table I knew who I would be making this card for.  It has Tammie written all over it.  There was another fabulous card using these supplies in RED, but Tammie is a pink girl.  ;)

3. The purple card in the middle had a sweet fan.  I wonder if it came from a die cut or if she made the score lines herself???? I'm going to try recreating it with a scallop circle die that I have.

4. The dress tag laying in the middle front was all kinds of sparkle.  It is so much prettier in person.  I love the little flower she had us add on the waist of the dress.


Dress Up Framelits Dies
Dress Up Framelits

5. On the right we have two cards made by a mother-daughter team.  (I think)  The butterfly card was so cool.  She had made the paper ahead of time by using marbles, reinkers and glossy paper.  It looks like a fun thing to make with kids. 

I really really really want the embossing folder she used too.  Isn't it a brilliant idea to cut that embossed piece out so you can let background paper show beneath?
6.) Last but not least is the card on the far right.   I was so excited when I found out she used Stampin' UP! Shimmer paper to emboss her flowers on.  I actually have that in my stash. 

It's hard to see in the picture, but in person you see little flecks of diamond dust.  Now I need to get the stamps and dies so I can make more of these cards.  Oh, and the square Framelits so I can cut a perfect square/diamond out of the center of my cardstock.


It's a VERY good thing there was not a store set up at this thing or I would have been in serious trouble.  I love the embossing folder this lady used as well. 

Who knew I would learn so much?  Probably anyone who has ever been to a shoebox swap.  ;)  These ladies are uber talented and I would gladly sign up for the long drive again to partake in their talent.  Thanks SCS ladies!!! 

See you at midnight for the Operation Write Home WCMD Blog hop and again at 3am for the StampNation Design Team blog hop.  Thank goodness for automatic scheduling on blogger so these posts can go live while I sleep.  :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Secret Garden Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Secret Garden

Secret Garden Framelits Dies
Secret Garden Framelits


No comments: