10.03.2013

Shoebox Swap ~ Part 3 ~ Flowers and Butterflies

Shoebox Swap Showcase continues with some feminine "Just Because" and "Thank You" cards.


I'm partial to purple and lavender and lilac and office supplies, so it's no surprise that I fell in the with these beautiful cards. 

Not only did I like the colors this designer chose for her cards (purple and green go so well together), but I added a new item to my wish list when I saw the embossing on the lavender cardstock.  Of course, I have no idea who makes that embossing folder or what its name is.  Hopefully the designer of this card reads my blog and she can chime in.  Do you know what it's called?  If not I will just have to go hunting for it and hope I don't get too distracted by all the other "pretties" out there.


This is the card that one the stampers choice for best card of the day and my picture doesn't do it justice.  I LOVE the addition of the glimmer paper and rhinestones on the butterflies wings.  This was my first time seeing the swallowtail in person.  I've seen this card layout before though.  My upline's upline did a video on it.  ;)  It looked so cool that I almost bought the stamp so I could make this card.  Now I don't have to. 

Last but not least is this cute little card my Scrapshare friend made.  Did you catch above where I said I love office supplies?  I know, I'm weird, but I do.  I like paperclips and notepads and post-its and fancy pens and pretty paper... and I adore the little clothespin on this card.  I suppose that is not really an office supply, it's more of a laundry supply, but she used it like a paperclip.  (and I don't like laundry)  The details add a touch of darling whimsy with the scroll cardstock we glued down, the little knot tied around the clothespin and the way opposite corners of the focal piece are corner rounded.

There were a few cards with something on the inside.   This card (and the butterfly card) had stamping.  At first I thought this was supposed to be on the front, but then I realized it was an extra special stamped inside.  :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Stampin' UP! has Washi Tape on sale for today only in celebration of their 250th blog post.  Actually they will have a one day special every Thursday in October.  How cool is that?!   If you are interested CLICK HERE and HERE to go to my online store.  While you are there you can check out the Swallowtail Butterfly stamp and Glimmer Paper.

1 comment:

Catherine Pooler said...

Love these cards, Heather! Beautiful!