10.01.2013

Shoebox Swap ~ Part 2 ~ Fall Owls

Are you ready to see part 2 of my shoebox swap cards?  Yesterday I showed you the Christmas cards including the set of cards I designed.  Today I am sharing the Fall, Sympathy and Owl projects.


From left to right...
1)A small gift card with belly band and matching envelope. 
2) Fall leaves on bare branches.  I thought this was a brilliant use of the tree die cut.  It used a pretty font that you can't see in the picture (sorry about that).  I asked the designer which stamp/ink she used to get such a crisp image and she said, "my computer and printer".  BRILLIANT!  I need to use my printer more often. 
3) The one layer card is so pretty and reminds me of the card I showed you last week.  I love the scroll branches of the tree stamp she gave us.  At the end is a very elegant white on white sympathy card that my friend, Sue designed.  She had a neat trick for getting that know in the ribbon.


There were 4 owl projects, but I only got two of them made.  I took the kits for the other two one with me because the ladies who brought them left early before I was able to make it to their tables.

1)On the left is a cute little box perfect to hold a fall treat.  Wouldn't this be sweet on the Thanksgiving table.
2)The owl in the middle is actually a little box.  I'm thinking about filling it with candy and giving it out to a special trick or treater in my neighborhood.
3) The card on the right is a graduation card on a file folder.  Soooo cute!  I took pictures of the paper piecing sample and plan to make another one using my son's school colors.  
 
These projects certainly put me in a Fall mood.  I think it's time to pull out my Autumn decorations.  :)   Come back tomorrow to see the cute celebration cards.  Lot's of hot pink and purple coming. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

2 comments:

jkreucher said...

Hi Heather, so glad you made it up to our swap. I fell in love with your beautiful Christmas cards, and will be making some this year. Love the clean and simple yet eye catching, elegant design!
Hope you come next year! I know it is a LONG drive for you!
Hugs
Judy
p.s. I am the gal that made the little owl pillow box.

Heather North said...

Thanks Judy! I'm glad you liked my cards. Your owl box is super cute. My son was very impressed I made it. ;) My favorite part was the addition of lines and dots to his eyes. It made it look so much better than just leaving them a solid color. You're a genius, and I had fun putting that little cutie together.