10.06.2013

Sew Sunday ~ October Goals

If you are looking for the World Card Making Day posts, prizes, video and blog hops click HERE.  :)

Last month my goal was to finish the quilt top for my 17 year old son.  On the last day of September I was so close to finishing.  I debated on just quickly adding some strips and borders and calling it good.  It would only have taken me a few hours and I could have entered into the September ALYOF, but then I took stock of my priorities.  What was my goal?  Finishing the quilt top for the challenge or designing the quilt top I envisioned?   When I put it that way the choice was easy.  I'm not making this quilt to enter a challenge...I'm making it for my son's senior year of high school.  Do it the way I envisioned it.  :)



ALYOF October Link Up
Once I made the decision to take my time and just focus on the next step I made really good progress on some flying geese.  Here is where the quilt top is today.  (Ignore the floral quilt underneath.  I ran out of room on the design wall.)



Here is where I'm at with the center.  Actually I have twice as many FG as are shown here, but I don't have a picture of that.


As you can see I have some work left to do.  I'm trying to decide if I'm going to frame the center square with flying geese or just have them in the corners.  Now that World Card Making Day is done and the Shoebox Swap is over I can focus on my sewing again a little bit more.

Sasha caught her halo toy and was quite proud of herself so she sat on "her throne".



Here are my sewing goals for October:
1) Finish Tyler's quilt top for A Lovely Year of Finishes.
2) Make 2 block of the month blocks for South Sound Modern Quilt Guild.   (one for them, one for me)
3) Start thinking about which project I am going to do next...finish my Star Shadow quilt or start on Michael's quilt or both.

What are your goals for October?

My sewing companion.  Every time I get up to cut or pin or iron she jumps up in my chair.  Sometimes she bring her toys or my fabric with her.  Often she tries to knock my scissors off the table.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

1 comment:

Kris said...

Nice job. I can't wait to see it with all those parts together.