10.14.2013

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends out there!!!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with your family.  In honor of Canada I made this Maple leaf card.  Can you see how it is the Canadian flag on its side?  This was the second challenge at StampNation on World Card Making Day.


As you can see the Canadian flag takes center stage in the inspiration photo I was working from.   Since my cards were being made for OWH and I wasn't sure if they had anybody in Canada to send cards to I flipped the card on its side so it could become a generic Fall card.



That is part of the fun of inspiration.  It's not a matter of following directions and copying exactly.  Instead it is meant to be more of a starting point to springboard your imagination.


The Magnificent Maple stamp embossed really well.  All the fine lines show up very crisp.  The little burlap ribbon and Stylish Stripes embossing folder add just the right touch to make the Clean And Simple card not appear boring.  I have more fall/Thanksgiving cards to show you this week along with a video showing you a few things you can do with that burlap ribbon. 


Happy Thanksgiving (again) to all my Canadian friends.  Enjoy your day of gratitude!!!

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Today is the last day  for this week's Weekly Deals.  Tomorrow new deals will be going up. I'm going to get the Squares Collection Framelits.  What are you getting?

Stamps: A Dozen Thoughts, Magnificent Maple
Cardsock: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Accessories: Burlap Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder



1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon
Burlap Ribbon


Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder

Magnificent Maple Wood-mount Stamp
Magnificent Maple


No comments: