10.23.2013

Happy Birthday Debbie!

My husband's co-worker had a birthday recently and I wanted to give her a card.  She is one of the sweetest ladies you could ever hope to work with.  I asked Scott what her favorite color was.  He didn't know.  I asked if she had any special hobbies or interests that I might have a stamp for and he wasn't sure.  So, I went with Orange for the seasonal color and added some bling.  Every woman deserves to be queen on her birthday.



The card was an experiment with some glittery orange embossing powder I bought last summer from Cindy's Simple Stuff when she was closing her shop.  First I used a Versamark pen on the top and bottom of my banner, then I added the glittery EP and heat set it.  The results were not as great as I had hoped.  Not sure if it was "operator error" (very likely) or the brand of embossing powder I used.  Next time I think I will try just using glitter.   I do so dearly love the crown with the rhinestone jewels on top!


For the ribbon bow I wrapped the ribbon around my embossed stripes layer of cardstock, then I attached the faux bow to the front.  Of course the card needed a little more bling, so I added three rhinestones to the center of my bow.


Scott told me that when Debbie opened her card she didn't believe I made it.  He told her about my blog and she looked me up.  :)  Still not sure if she believes me.  Should I make another card like this and video it to show her (and you) how it's made?

Happy Birthday MONTH Debbi!!!  I think you should take the entire month off of work!  ;)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Perfectly Penned, Gorgeous Grunge (ON SALE!!!) Crown??? Perhaps Tiny Tags (retired)
Ink: Smoky Slate, Versamark Pen
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock
Accessories: Pumpkin Pie Chevron Ribbon, Stripes Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Orange Glitter Embossing Powder (non SU)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Stampin' UP! News....


Let the party begin-We'll bring the gifts! 25% Off 25 Stamp Sets. Hurry-sale ends October 28 - Start saving
Clicky to SHOP my SU Store now

Stampin' UP! is having a 25% off 25 stamp set sale!!!  Some of my current favorites are in that list and some others are going in my shopping cart.  What can I say?  I love a good sale.  :)

While you are shopping, don't forget to check out the weekly deals and new items at the clearance rack.  Be on the lookout on Thursday for a new daily deal.  But jump on that one fast as it only lasts ONE DAY!




No comments: