10.16.2013

Daughter Love


Making cards for charities like Operation Write Home gives all of us a chance to uses stamps that we might not be able to otherwise.  For example, the sentiment below that comes from a beautiful verve set.  I don't have a daughter, so I have no chance to use this stamp unless I make a card for somebody else to give to his/her daughter.


The inspiration for this card came from the Philippines photo at StampNation for World Card Making Day.  While I was looking at this photo the thing that struck me was the obvious love between a mother and her daughter.


The tag was made by sponging white cardstock with Coastal Cabana ink.  Next I stamped the sentiment in Coastal Cabana.  It was too light, as I really wanted the sentiment to be the focal point, so I stamped again in black staz-on which gave it a shadow look that I love!  The sentiment was then cut out using one of the Apothecary Accents Framelits.


The top panel is embossed.  Each ribbon was wrapped around the card front and adhered to the back, then I used a glue dot to adhere the bow to the Calypso Coral ribbon.


What stamps sets do you have that have an element you want to use but don't have anyone to send it to?  Will it work for a charity card?  There are children's charities like Ronald McDonald house and children's hospitals, there are cancer centers, wounded veterans, OWH, nursing homes and many other people who could probably use them.  It feels good to give to someone you know will appreciate it. 


Plus, I now have an excuse to buy some little girl and little boy stamps even though my kids are too old for them.  ;)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Stamps: Love Deepens (Verve)
Ink: Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Black Staz-On
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Eastern Elegance DSP, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Coastal Cabana Stretch Ribbon, InColor Brad, Finial Press Embossing Folder


Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper
Eastern Elegance DSP

Coastal Cabana 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim
Ribbon


Apothecary Accents Framelits Dies
Apothecary Accents


No comments: