9.10.2013

Thankful Tuesday

You know what is wonderful about cardmaking?  You can have almost instant gratification.  Scrapbooking takes me about an hour or more for a two page spread.  Quilting can take weeks, months or years.  This morning I created 5 cards, designed 2 more and have images stamped for another 2 more all in an hour and a half.  Oh and I cleaned up my stamp space twice.  You gotta love that!



One of the things that made this card come together so quickly is that I used this week's Mojo Monday  sketch.  :)


Don't you love the tri-colored thank you?  I inked the sentiment from Another Thank You with Versamark then 3 different ink pads.  (Blushing Bride, Coastal Cabana and Wisteria Wonder)  I quickly poured some clear embossing powder over it and heat set it to make the colors glossy.  The paper is Afternoon Picnic and cardstock.


The card changed as I was creating it when I decided to pull out a much-neglected Adorning Accents Embossing Folder.  It was the perfect touch, in my opinion.  My first plan was to use another patterned paper from the DSP, but then decided to use Wisteria Wonder with my EF.  As I was digging in my stash for WW, I came across Blushing Bride and thought it might just be even better.


For the finishing touch I added a row of Basic Rhinestones.  Tomorrow I will show you the four cards I made for my son to send out.  It uses another image from this stamp set.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Another Thank You (Clear Photo-polymer)
Ink: Versamark, Blushing Bride, Coastal Cabana, Wisteria Wonder
Paper: Afternoon Picnic DSP, Blushing Bride, Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder
Misc.: Clear Embossing Folder, Basic Rhinestones, Adorning Accents Embossing Folder

No comments: