9.03.2013

Only One You MOJO309

Did you have a nice Labor Day Weekend?  I know I did.  It was so relaxing that I forgot to post a card yesterday.  :)  Actually it was a very crafty weekend for me.   I think I completed 6-8 card and got started on my son's new quilt top.  I also spent time on the computer looking for inspiration.  One of the things I found was this week's Mojo Monday sketch.



Instead of starting with a stamp, I started with paper.  On my messy table was this beautiful pattern from Eastern Elegance.  I really like the aqua (Coastal Cabana) combined with the grey (Smoky Slate) and white.  I paired it with a piece of DSP from the Winter Frost DSP stack which I distressed a bit using the distressing tool.



For the oval I first sponged some Coastal Cabana ink onto Whisper White cardstock.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Smoky Slate and used my oval punch to punch it out before layering it onto the Chalk Talk Framelit using dimensionals.


You could easily turn this card into a winter or Christmas card by changing the sentiment or adding a snowflake to the center.  I like that it can be sent to anyone for almost any occasion.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Card Recipe (SU items)
Stamps: Chalk Talk
Ink: Smoky Slate, Coastal Cabana
Paper: Eastern Elegance DSP, Winter Frost DSP Stack, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Misc.: Chalk Talk Framelits, Distressing Tool, Smoky Slate Chevron Ribbon, Retired Basic Gray Ribbon



Chalk  Talk Clear Bundle
Chalk Talk Bundle
Stamps + Framelits


2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Really nice card. Love your use of color. :o)

Heather North said...

Thank you. I've been really drawn to Aquas and Greys lately. :)