9.04.2013

Merry Midweek

Can you believe it's already Wednesday?  That's one of the best thing about a 3 day weekend... the next weekend comes back even faster.  :)  Over the past weekend I was able to get crafty and work on some cards for Operation Write Home (OWH).  Here is one of the cards I made using a sketch from their virtual cardmaking party.

Yes, I know it is September and these are Christmas cards, but we crafters have to get an early start on holidays.  We have to be even earlier if we are sending our cards into OWH so they get to the troops in time to send back home.  Here is the sketch I used.


Scrap Happens Blog

For my first 2 cards I followed the sketch pretty closely.  The sentiment is shifted to the far right instead of center, but I think it still works.

My last card was a bit of a cover up.  A happy accident.  A major boo-boo.  I stamped the sentiment after adhering all my squares and the sentiment did not full stamp.  It was a mess.  So, I decided to add some ribbon to cover it up and a banner on top for my sentiment. 


I might even like the ribbon better than just leaving it plain.  Either way works though, and are flat enough to send without extra postage.  The best part is I used up scraps from last year's Christmas DSP.  Oh, and the backs of the cards are stamped and ready to send in to OWH.


Do you see the error on the back?  I stamped it horizontal, but the cards are vertical.  I don't think anyone will mind though.  What is written on the inside by the hero will be the most important part of these cards.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: