9.24.2013

Elegant Birthday

So many special people celebrate their birthday in September, but the most special of all has to be my mom.  <3  Her birthday is later this week, but I am mailing this card to her today in hopes that she gets it before her birthday this weekend. 


This card didn't start out to be my mom's birthday card.  Actually I planned on making her card using the new label card framelit, but this card turned out so pretty that I wanted my mom to be the one to receive it. 


This card started with the Lacy Brocade embossing on Raspberry Ripple cardstock.  From there I just basically cleaned up my craft table.  I had some doilies, papers and a ribbon flower.  It all came together to make this eclectic focal point.   The real challenge came when I decided to play around with the decorative stitches on my sewing machine.  I broke 2 needles making this card. 

Honestly, that is the second reason I am sending this to my mom.  I put so much time and energy into it that I wanted it to go to someone who would cherish it.  Not that she has to keep the card forever, I never expect that from my cards, but that she will enjoy it and appreciate it for longer that 2 minutes.  :)  Mom's are great that way.  They love what we create simply because we made it.  <3


On the inside you can see the detail on the Apothecary Accents framelit label that I added.  It's from the stamp set Forever With You.  The greeting came from Blooming With Kindness.

Happy Birthday MOM!  I hope my card makes you feel as loved and appreciated as you are.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  When I made this card last week I had no idea that the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder had been discontinued.  Good thing it is on the Clearance Rack right now.  :)  Get it while supplies last.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: A Round Array, Blooming With Kindness, Forever With You
Ink: Basic Grey, Raspberry Ripple
Paper: Birthday Basics DSP, Eastern Elegance DSP, Raspberry Ripple, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
Misc.: Tea Lace Doily, Ribbon Flower (retired), Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (retired), Apothecary Accents Framelits, Punches, Basic Rhinestones



Lacy Brocade Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Lacy Brocade EF
Clearance-WSL

A Round Array
A Round Array

Forever With You Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Forever With You


2 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card for your Mom, Heather!

Heather North said...

Thank you Kristie.