8.04.2013

Scrapbook Sunday ~ Done

On Tuesday I finished our 2009 family album!  It feels so good to finally have that album done.  Now if I can just keep up the momentum and get 2010-2012 completed too.  ;)


In an effort to get this scrapbook done many of my pages were pretty simple.  I used background paper that had lots of interest so I wouldn't have to make my own borders.  Some pages were just pictures and journaling or a title. 


On this page I used my Labels Framelits Die to create add a bit of interest.  The sticker title I had wasn't showing up on the dark background, so I put it on a piece of white cardstock and cut it out with my Big Shot. The great thing about the framelits is you can see right where you are cutting.


Labels Collection Framelits Dies
Labels Framelits

It's fun to be able to use my framelits in my scrapbook layouts.  I feel like I am getting more for my money.  Plus they add a pretty touch.  On my next page I used the Ornament Framelits to create a string of sparkle on my Christmas tree page.  I added another little ornament to the corner of my journal box.


First I punched a small hole in each ornament then thread them on a piece of Whisper White Baker's Twine.  I tied each end in a little bow.


Silver Glimmer Paper
Silver Glimmer Paper

Champagne Glimmer Paper
Champagne Glimmer Paper

White Baker's Twine
Baker's Twine

Do you ever struggle to use vellum?  It's clear and most adhesives will show through.  To solve that problem you can sometime hide your adhesive behind an image. 



I didn't have anything to hide the adhesive behind, so I just stuck the vellum quote down with stickers.  It worked great!


As some of you know, I used to be a Creative Memories Consultant.  I was a consultant for about 7 years.   Last week CM closed it's doors and shut down its business.  Although I haven't been a CMC in a few years and I rarely ordered more than refills and albums from them, it is a sad day knowing I can never order another album from Creative Memories.  There is talk of restructuring and re-opening under a different name.   Time will tell.  I placed one last order to get one more album and some refills.  When I complete the albums I have in storage I will have to find a new type of album.  Any suggestions?  What do you use?  I'm considering 3 ring style binders.  I just need to find a supplier.


My 2009 album is finished.  Creative Memories is over.  Kind-of a bittersweet scrapbooking week.  Thank you to Miss Louise for having the kids and I over for a fun "play day".  It's more fun to scrapbook with friends.  If it wasn't for Louise inviting me over my album probably still wouldn't be finished. She gave me the perfect sticker to finish my album, and the boys had a blast swimming, making movies and playing airsoft. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North





No comments: