8.01.2013

Picnic Table

Today a new challenge starts at StampNation.   It's called Inspiration Nation, and each Thursday there will be a new photo to inspire us.  Being a part of the design team an SN means that I get to play with the challenges early in order to have them ready to go live.  If you aren't a member of StampNation you can still see my submissions here every Thursday.  :) 


First picture inspiration is of this lovely table scape.  I wanted to make my own picnic table, so I embossed the background cardstock to mimic the wood table and made my own tablecloth using strips of Night of Navy onto Whisper White cardstock.


For the flowers I pulled out my new Flower Shop stamp set and several bright colors that I saw in the photo.  Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie.


First I sponged color onto Whisper White cardstock, then I stamped the flowers in the same color ink as I did the paper, then I took a darker, contrasting color for some of the flowers.  For example: I sponged Pumpkin Pie onto white cardstock, then stamped the flower using Pumpkin Pie ink, then I stamped the outline in Melon Mambo.  I also used Night of Navy on Melon Mambo and just tone on tone for the yellows and greens.  I used the Boho Blossoms punch as well as the leaves from the Bird Punch. 


I used a scrap and stamped "my friend" on that scrap of sponged and stamped paper, then used the modern label punch to punch it out and tuck beneath one of the flowers.


For the inside of the card I used a leftover flower.  It is a sweet little touch, don't you think?   Come back next Thursday to see my second card for Inspiration Nation.  In the meantime I look forward to seeing how this photo inspires you!


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  The new Holiday Catalog goes live today and SU has added some new products in addition to all the goodies in the Holiday catalog...  Best of Halloween, Spread the Joy, Label Card and Circle Card Thinlit dies.  :)  I'll have more pictures links and info tomorrow, but wanted to give you a head's up in case you are ordering today.  :)  Happy shopping!

Stampin' UP! Supplies
Colors of Ink & Paper: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Flower Shop
Accessories: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Pansy Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Bird Punch, Modern Label Punch, Small Circle Punch, Small Scallop Circle Punch, Sponge

eta: I finally got the video up for this card.  Here it is.  :)


2 comments:

Annecards said...

Heather, great video! I absolutely love both your video and card!!! Anne

Heather North said...

Thank you Anne!