6.27.2013

Sunshine On A Cloudy Day

We have dark grey cloudy skies with showers again today.  I'm probably the only person in the state that isn't complaining about it though because it has knocked down my allergies, and it it's helping me heal.  :)   Besides, I looked at the forecast and it's supposed to be sunny and 80's starting tomorrow.  Could get up in the 90's by the 4th of July.   That's hot for our area.  :)


To bring a little sunshine to those of you who want it I have another card created for this week's Summer Challenge at StampNation.   I believe the challenge was to create a card that makes you think of a sunny day. 


With the card open you can see how the embossed sun is layered on the inside and the flip flops are attatched on the top.  The flip flops are from a local stamping store that is going out of business.  :(  So sad that Cindy is retiring.  (Cindy's Simple Stuff)  She has a great little store and so many creative ideas.   She said she will be doing small events at her home though, so hopefully I will get to stamp with her again.  Cindy was the first person I met when my husband took the job here in Washington.  Her shop was just around the corner from the hotel his company put us in.  I took it as a SIGN that we had heard from God correctly that this little town was where we were supposed to move to.   :)

Her Tuesday Dollar Demos are what finally taught me how to make cards and gave me courage to keep trying and learning.  From there I started watching YouTube and learning more, and taking classes at her shop and learning more and signing up for online clubs and learning more and eventually led me to being a demonstrator with SU so I could buy everything at a discount.  I told my husband that I put her out of business by shopping from home on my Stampin' UP! site and forgetting to go in to her store.  Just kidding.  Her business has been thriving, she is just ready to get her life back after all these years invested in her business.


The sun rays were made with Washi Tape from the new SU Gingham Garden Washi Tape.  When that was done my sun looked pretty empty.  I had made my sun really big, not knowing the sandals were really small.  Soooooooooo, I pulled out the A Round Array stamp set and some punches and added a sentiment.  Then I took some basic rhinestones and scattered them all over the card.   What you can't see is the shimmer mist I sprayed on the embossed sun piece.  It adds a nice sparkle.


When I placed my new catalog order I forgot to include the new Circle Framelits.  Drat.  I cut my big circles using my old Creative Memories CCS, and I didn't have the right size to create the size of sun I wanted.  They were either too small or too big.  It still works, but when I get the new circles from SU I might try this again and get it to a better scale, and it will stand up better on it's own.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape
Gingham Garden Washi Tape

A Round Array
A Round Array

Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper
Gingham Garden


Circles Collection Framelits Dies
Circles Collection Framelits



No comments: