5.20.2013

With Love & Sympathy

Last week I posted my video for my recent swap cards.  Last weekend the dear husband of our swap hostess passed away.  Poor Kimie-kins and family.  My heart goes out to you.  Here is the card I made for Kimie and her family.


In theory it is a good idea to make sympathy cards in advance and have them on hand to send when the need arises.  My problem is that I never go to my craft room thinking, "I want to make sympathy cards today".  I'm sure nobody else does that either.  



Personally I have found that making sympathy cards is a way for me to minister to those who have lost someone they love.  While making the card I spend time praying for the loved one's family and friends.  If I know the person who has passed away I will think about them and remember them while I make a card for their loved ones left behind.  It is a way for me to memorialize the person.  During that 30 minutes or hour or however long it takes to make the card I have thought about and prayed for those needing it most.  In that way I hope to bring some comfort to them when they open my card.


If the design of this card looks familiar to you, then you may have seen my card last week using the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  This sketch is definitely going into my favorites folder.  If you want to see that card CLICKY.


My heart goes out to any of you who have recently lost someone you love.  If you know somebody who could use a hug in the mail, please send them one.  It's never too late to let others know you care.



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe (SU supplies)

Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe (New InColor), Basic Grey, Pink Pirouette, (Retired) Christmas Scrappin' Kit
Stamps: Love & Sympathy
Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe (New- available May 30th), Basic Gray, Pear Pizzaz
Misc: Basic Grey Satin Ribbon, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder (Retiring), Basic Pearls, Scalloped Trim Border Punch

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Elegant and classy! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love these colors together, and that bow is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kristie Goulet said...

Kimie is going to love this card, Heather. It is just beautiful. :)