5.08.2013

Mom's Day

Mother's Day is just around the corner.  Unfortunately both my mom and mother in law live over 600 miles away so we won't be seeing them on Mother's Day.  I had to send out both of their cards early in hopes they will get them by Friday.   Below is the card I made for my mom.


My inspiration came from Dawn Griffith.  She made a card very similar to this, and I loved her color combo.  I didn't have the same stamp set she used and I don't have any Sahara Sand re-inker, so I improvised and came up with my own version.


The inside is stamped with the sentiments from Wonderful Mother (retiring).   The sentiment on the front is from a Verve set I won. :)   I loved this card so much that I made a second one for my friend.


Here is the inside of her card.  The clear stamps make it so easy to place your words together.   I changed "Mother" to "Friend" for her card.


Did you know that you don't just have to send a card to your own mom?  You can send it to any special woman in your life who has mothered you or is a great mom to her own kids.  For that matter you can send it to a nurturing dad.  :)  Consider giving a card to someone who has lost their mother or child, especially those who have passed away in the past year.  It means a lot to know that somebody cares about their pain.


For many of us Mother's Day can be difficult.  Those who do not have a mother or child to spend this special day with are hit the hardest.  My heart goes out to you.  I pray you have some fond memories to hold you close.   I feel blessed that even though I won't be with my mom on Mother's Day I will be able to call her and tell her "I love you".

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Wonderful Mother, Love Deepens (Verve Stamp)
Paper: Basic Black, Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla
Re-Inkers: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder
Misc: Aqua Painter


Wonderful Mother Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Wonderful Mother
Retiring - WSL


Serene Silhouettes Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Serene Silhouettes

Color Spritzer Tool - by Stampin' Up!
Color Spritzer Tool
WSL - Retiring

Aqua Painter - by Stampin' Up!
Aqua Painter


No comments: