5.10.2013

Kindness Matters

I've fallen a bit behind in my blog posts this week.  Sorry they have been going up so late.  The thing is we have had warm, sunny weather all week and I have been outside every day trying to get our yard under control.  The flower beds are my responsibility to weed because the boys cannot tell the difference between tulip leaves and dandelion weeds.  :)  All the traveling we've been doing lately means that our yard was a mess.  My dear husband has been working every night after work to help weed-eat and spray, etc.  It's supposed to rain this weekend, so we've been working hard to get as much done as we can before it does.

Anyway, back to the reason  you came here today.   I was hoping to make a couple more mother's day cards to show you guys, but the rain just wouldn't come so I could play.   Instead I have a card to show you that I made last month, but I don't think I've shown on my blog yet.




My favorite thing about this card is that you can easily change the sentiment to fit most occasions, and if you use different papers you change the whole look and feel of the card.



I used Polka Dot Parade for my banners, and threaded them with Baker's Twine.  Next I added a white flower punched out with one of the punches in the punch pack and put a Basic Pearl in the center of each flower.



When making "clean and simple" cards, every detail counts.  I added three score lines at the bottom of my card to finish it off.


Next time you finish a card or scrapbook page, consider turning your paper scraps into banners for a quick, clean card.  :)

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper
Polka Dot Parade DSP

Kindness Matters - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Kindness MattersWSL- Retiring

Punch Pack - by Stampin' Up!
Punch Pack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good site you have here.. It's difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Also visit my website - akribos