4.19.2013

Bee Happy Happy Happy

If you read yesterday's post, you might be wondering why I chose today's card.  I make cards for the pure pleasure of making cards, but also for my real-life card needs.   After the funeral yesterday for my uncle, my dad came home to find the results from his recent blood test.    He's been battling cancer and his numbers dropped a full point and a half!   YAY!!!  He's almost out of the danger zone and for that I am sooooooooooooo grateful.


It has been an emotional roller coaster week.  Actually it's been a roller coaster year for my extended family.  At one time Uncle Rod and my dad were both being treated by different doctors at UC Davis Medical center.  (while my grandmother was in the hospital)  Unfortunately my uncle's form of cancer was much more severe and widespread.  Fortunately my Dad's is treatable and he's doing well with the treatment.


The Bible says to " Be happy with those who are happy and weep with those who weep." Romans 12:15  Yesterday I did both. 


Now on to the card.  :)  I've been wanting to make this card since the Honeycomb embossing folder came out in the Spring catalog.  I smushed the bottle cap by running it through my big shot.  The bee was stamped using the collage curios stamp set.  I really need to make a video on the "how", but I need a new bottle of Crystal Effects first.  Mine was almost dried out and I had "issues" with it.


Soda Pop Tops
Soda Pop Tops


The sentiment is a mish-mash of several stamp sets and liberal use of the stamp-a-majig.  The "Bee" comes from Snowflake Soiree.  I used a marker to ink up "Be" and stamped it, then cleaned it off and inked just the "e" for the second stamping.   Then we have the happys.  In order they come from:
happy- Fabulous Phrases
HAPPY- Curly Cute
HAPPY- From My Heart


Snowflake Soiree Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Snowflake Soiree

Thank you to everyone who has lifted my family in your prayers.  We have all felt them and they are greatly appreciated. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Collage Curios, Curly Cute, Fabulous Phrases, From My Heart, Snowflake Soiree
Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Lucky Limeade
Paper: Soft Suede, Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP, Whisper White
Misc.: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Hexagon Punch (Creative Memories), Crystal Effects, Soda Pop Tops


Collage Curios Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Collage Curios

Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Honeycomb Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper
Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP






3 comments:

Shalady said...

SOrry to hear of your loss. And good news on your dad's results.

BEEutiful card! I love it! how did you get the hexagons inside the honeycomb so perfect?!?! I vote you awesome fussy cutter!

Heather North said...

Thank you. I'm actually a terrible fussy cutter. That is why used my old CM hexagon punch. :) The smallest punch fits this folder perfectly!

Debbie Bonczek said...

So sorry to hear about your troubling times, but I'm glad to hear you dad had some good news.

This card is fabulous. Great job!