3.07.2013

Easter Girl & 3 Challenges

From the time I was a little girl I've enjoyed coloring.  I'm not an artist, but there is something very soothing to me about coloring in the lines.  The challenge today at StampNation is to use an animal on your card, so I chose a bunny.  I used a blender pen and markers to color in this sweet girl looking at her bunny rabbit.

I used the color challenge at Color Throwdown for my color choices.  I had to add Certainly Celery for the grass though.  I just couldn't do the sky and grass the same color.  :)


After I colored in the images, I needed a sketch for it.   Usually I start with the sketch, choose my stamps, then my paper.  From the paper I choose my colors and embellishments.  This time I went a little backwards.  Retro Sketches to the rescue.  :)



The finishing touches of the 3 little buttons was certainly inspired by the sketch.  On the inside I stamped one of the greeting that came in the set, then added a leftover strip from the paper I used on the front.  It's a great way to use up those scraps!


That's 3 challenges with one card.  I would love to see what you come up with playing in these challenges.   Let me know if you do.


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Heaven Blessed (Retired SU)
Paper: Sycamore Street DSP (SAB), Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, World Spectacular DSP, (+ Retired DSP I cannot remember the name of)
Misc.: Cloudy Day Embossing Folder, Sycamore Street Buttons (SAB), Baker's Twine, Blender Pen

Blender Pens - by Stampin' Up!
Blender Pen

Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Cloudy Day EF


Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack
Sycamore Street Ribbon & Buttons


Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper
Sycamore Street DSP


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather, your Easter card is so sweet.Pity the little girl stamp is retired.
I always look forward to your emails,they are very inspirational
Happy days
Nola

dawnmercedes said...

I absolutely LOVE the banners and buttons...along with the combination of colors!

Joan Ervin said...

This is just precious...I love the sweet image and how cool is that cloud embossed background!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a beautiful spring scene! Lovely use of the throwdown colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

Shea said...

Hey sweetie - congrats on your Color Throwdown win - this card is ADORABLE!! It's been far too long since I've visited you and am going to spend time today doing so. I love your work! Love how you colored this image - it's so soft and watercolor-y!