2.10.2013

Scrapbook Sunday ~ Natural Trim

From a distance this could almost be a Valentine's page, but if you look closely you will see the fall leaves.  One of the fun things about scrapbooking is to look back and see how things have changed from styles of layouts to the size of the trees in our backyard.


When I was making this page my first Spring catalog order had just come in.  I thought the Natural Trim Ribbon was perfect for my fall page.  I didn't want to add too many embellishments because I really liked the paper I was using and I wanted the pictures to shine more than the do-dads on the page.  :)


The natural trim is carried over on to the second page by tying it in knots and using glue dots to adhere them to my layout.  As you can see I made a "window pane" with my pictures in the way I placed them on my page. 



Look closely and you can see the ribbon knot in the center with a leaf brad (non-SU) that matched the brad on the coordinating page.  I like things to match and flow.  It's just the way I roll.   That's the beauty of creating personal scrapbooks.  You can create them to fit you and your style.   That's when you will make something you and your loved can cherish for generations. 

Creative Blessings,
Heather North



7/16" Natural Trim Ribbon
7/16 Natural Trim Ribbon

Mini Glue Dots - by Stampin' Up!
Mini Glue Dots

Stampin' Trimmer
Stampin' Trimmer


No comments: