1.10.2013

Thinking of You

I've seen this background technique used several times and wanted to try it out myself.  It's such a pretty look with the pearls added.


To make the background I used my Diagonal Scoring plate and scored at every 1/2", then turned and scored on the opposite diagonal every 1/2".  To make the texture show up and give the card a more vintage look I used a sponge and Crumb Cake ink to sponge over the cardstock.


For the dimension on the center piece I actually stamped the main image from Apothecary Art twice.  On the first one I ran it through the big shot with the matching framelit.  Then I colored in the image with a green (I think it was either Pear Pizazz or Wild Wasabi, but it could have been Certainly Celery) for the leaves and Pink Pirouette for the flowers. 

On the second Apothecary Art stamped image I stamped the "Thoughts of You" inside the banner, and hand cut it out so I could pop it on dimensionals.  I also colored in several roses using my Primrose Petals marker. Then I took the flower punch from the bitty punch pack and punched them out.  I used a small piece of dimensional to pop up the flowers.  The edges were sponged with crumb cake as well to flow with the background piece.


Some ribbon, crochet trim and an Antique brad finish this off.  It's so pretty in person that I would keep it on my shelf if I didn't need to send it to a friend.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Punch Pack - by Stampin' Up!
Punch Pack



Apothecary Art - Clear-Mount Stamp
Apothecary Art


Antique Brads - by Stampin' Up!
Antique Brads


Stampin' Distress Tool
Stampin' Distress Tool


7 comments:

Nathalia O. said...

Wow, Heather, this card is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for you beautiful card. I love the way you did the background. I only have the normal score board, I guess I could have squares instead of the diamond shapes. That stamp set is my favourite, so I might give it a go. If it look okay I will post it on SN. Love you work!! Nola

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather
Your cards are beautiful.
Thank you for showing the background techinque. I don't have a diagonal scoreboard, just the normal one. Guess I could do squares.The Apothecary stam set is my favourite, so I will give it a go. Keep up the wonderful work.:)
Nola

Heather North said...

Nola, you can try turning your paper on an angle and scoring that way if you do not have the diagonal plate. Squares would look good too. :)

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this gorgeous card with its pearls and popped up blossoms! Beautiful work, Heather!!

Kristie said...

Beautiful card Heather! I love the scored lines in the background. Thank you for the inspiration!

Smiles, Laurie said...

This is Beeautiful! just stunning, Heather.