1.31.2013

Recover Rapidly

Sorry I didn't get a post up yesterday.  My son was home sick and I focused on him instead of my blog.  I'm sure you understand.  (On a positive note I finally found out why/how Zach & Cody were in school on a boat without their mom.  Oh the things you learn while making soup when your son is watching re-runs in the same room.)  This morning while he was eating breakfast I made him a card.


It's not exactly "age appropriate", but I don't think he will mind.  He's been clingy and wanting hugs and comfort.  Something about being sick makes all of us want our mommies to take care of us and make us feel better.


I tried stamping the band-aid from Patterned Occasions onto Pink cardstock first, but it just didn't look right.  The image stamped much better on Whisper White cardstock.  I cut out the hearts from my failed "pink" attempt and popped one of them up on dimensionals on the front of the card, and the other one I glued onto the inside of the card.


With cold and flu season upon us I think I should probably make a couple more of these cards to have on hand.  It always helps to know somebody else cares about what we are going through.

Sketch inspiration found at Try Stampin' On Tuesday. My card is more square than rectangle, but I think it still works.



Creative Blessings,
Heather North

Stamps: Patterned Occasions (SAB)
Paper: Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Soft Suede
Misc: Island Indigo Baker's Twine



Patterned Occasions Clear-Mount Stamp Set
Patterned Occasions
SAB item

Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper
Sunshine and Sprinkles DSP

Island Indigo Bakers Twine
Island Indigo Baker's Twine




6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how you used this dsp with that stamp! I love love love this dsp and I have been wating to play with this stamp set! Soo cute!
stamperbythesea.blogspot.com

Mynn xx said...

This is just darling! LOVE that paper and your image and sentiment are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at TSOT! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Sorry to hear you son has been sick! Hope he is better now! Love your card!

Sarah said...

Super cute card! Love how you have used the DSP and I'm sure your son will love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday :)

MJ said...

So sweet, hope he is feeling better. Hate to see our kids sick. Bet this card helped, thanks so much for playing along with us on the TSOT blog!

Paula Reid said...

Hope your son is feeling better. What a neat card and a great take on the sketch - can't wait to get that stamp set. Thanks for playing along at TSOT