1.16.2013

Glittery Snowflake Card

Have you ever seen the way sunlight hits snow and ice?  It's a beautiful sparkly, glittery thing.   Lately we have had a lot of ice around here.  I love to see how it makes everything sparkle like it's been sprinkled with dazzling diamonds.  (I'm not so fond of driving in it though.)


This snowy card reminds me of the way my balcony looks on a frosty morning.  I just love it!  It's a good thing I do, because I am covered in glitter after making this card.  :) 

Can you spot the sneak peek at a Sale-A-Bration item?  Oh Happy Day!  It's almost SAB time!!!



It's hard to capture the sparkle in a picture.  You can see it bit better in the video below.  I made the card weeks ago, but I filmed the video late last night.  Sorry if I sound a bit sleepy...  I am.  :)

***Note- if you are not on my blog right now, you may need to go to my blog to watch the video.


Let me know if you try this technique.  It really gives a nice result.  You can use it for smaller punches of paper too.  That's what I have done in the past.  This is my first time covering the entire backdrop.  It won't be my last though.   Thank you, Kristie for reminding me of this technique and for letting me know how to do it using SU products.




Creative Blessings,
Heather North



Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets - by Stampin' Up!
Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets

 

Snowflake Textured Impressions Embossing Folder Die - by Stampin' Up!
Northern Flurries Embossing Folder

Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter - by Stampin' Up!
Dazzling Diamonds


7 comments:

Kristie said...

Your card is beautiful Heather! I love it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Heather your card is spectacular!!!
Nola

katskards-1 said...

Great technique, Heather, and a lovely card. Will pop back later to view the video :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Your mix of embossed and stamped snowflakes looks gorgeous with all your glitter!! So very pretty, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Your card and technique are terrific. I'm thinking glittery hearts on a Valentine are in order! What do you think? TFS
Sue

Anonymous said...

LOL.....sorry if I commented numerous times. I thought I was having technical issues....well, maybe I am! LOL...ME! I just read you approve all the comments. Just post the one you like best if they all show up. Sorry!
Sue

Heather North said...

Oh yes, glitter and hearts are a MUST!

Thanks for all the sweet comments ladies. I too love the sparkle and shine.