12.06.2012

Welcome Wreath

I have another wreath card for you.  Honestly this is the card I have been trying to make since the day my mom sent us our wreath.  I kept trying to make the card square, but it really needed to be a rectangle double door.  :)  Once I figured it out it was super easy and QUICK to put together. 



I'm thinking about making a video to share some tips I discovered as I made this card.  Let me know if you are interested and I will do that for you guys.


The inside is blank for now, but I will probably be using one of the greeting stamps from the Holiday Mini catalog.  One thing that greatly helped with this card was following the sketch at Unscripted Sketches.  It's a new to me blog that I need to remember to check out more often!


I want to try this sketch again and have it looked like a wrapped present.  So many sketches and ideas, so little time.  :)
Here is a close-up of the wreath so you can see the detail.  The wreath is what I made 2+ weeks ago and each time I go to the craft room I have tried to pair it up with other papers, colors and/or sketches.  I wanted it to look like it was on a door.  Finally I just made a door.  LOL.  It works. 


Creative Blessings,
Heather North

P.S.  Check out yesterday's post to see another wreath card with a similar layout to this one, only square. 

Card Recipe:  (all products Stampin' UP unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Merry Minis
Paper: Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Soft Suede
Ink: Soft Sued, Gumball Green
Misc.: Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, Gold Brads (non-SU, though SU sell something very similar), Merry Minis Punch Pack,  Punches, Real Red Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon.

10 comments:

dstandard said...

Oh love your folding card with the wreath! And love the embossing! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow - love the wreath made of all those tiny trees! And the door looks wonderful with the Woodgrain folder.
Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!

Kristie said...

Awesome wreath, Heather! Looks fabby on your door card. TFS!!!

Geri said...

Now, this is clever creative genius at work here! Fabulous idea. The woodgrain embossing folder really does scream for a door, in my opinion at least. Thanks for sharing your creative talent with us this week at Unscripted Sketches :)

Nicole said...

I just love this wreath! And everything about this card. I would have so much fun opening the door. Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches!

Dorothy S said...

It certainly does look like a door with that EF and the special fold. I need more variety in my (card) life!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Great take from the sketch. WOnderful wreath and the door...love it.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous 'door' and the detail on the wreath is fantastic! Anita in France :)

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous work on this double door and wreath design!! What a gorgeous holiday card, Heather!

Nathalia O. said...

OMG I love this card! It's clean and simple, but so much more! I'm definitely CASEing this!