12.17.2012

Teacher Appreciation

First I have to send my thoughts and prayers to those who have been affected by the shooting in Connecticut.  My heart goes out to those families who have lost loved ones and all the children, staff and parents of Sandy Hook Elementary.  I cannot even imagine what you all must be going through, but my heart breaks for you.



Over the weekend we spent lots of time as a family.  I thanked the Lord for all the years I've been able to have my children in my life.  We watched The Hobbit in a private showing with about 30 other people on Saturday.  It was so fun to have the theater all to ourselves, even though we had to get there before 9am.  ;)  Saturday afternoon our power went out for a couple of hours.  It came back on, so I threw dinner in the oven and it went back off again.  My honey plugged in the generator, we re-heated pizza in the microwave and watched another movie as a family. 


 
Sunday was spent going to church and doing some Holiday baking.   The kids helped me make some chocolate dipped pretzel sticks.  Sooooooo yummy!  I asked my son which friends he wanted to give them to and he said he wanted to give them to his teachers.  In light of the 6 teachers/staff who gave their lives trying to protect their students I think giving these pretzel treats to his teachers is a great idea!

After putting the treats in the bag I added our homemade gift cards with some baker's twine. 



Teachers work hard and I am so thankful for the time and care they give to the children in our community.  It's always a good idea to let them know that.


Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Snow Festival Designer Series Paper
Snow Festival



More Merry Messages Clear-Mount Stamp Set
More Merry Messages


Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine - by Stampin' Up!
Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine


4 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely, family filled weekend! These are GREAT gift for your sons teachers. TFS!!!

Dorothy S said...

I am sure the teachers will appreciate the gifts - your tags, etc. are so nice.
I hope to bake a little - DH has made 4 batches of microwave peanut brittle. He likes it so much and wants to be sure to get some!!! You mentioned the Faith stack of DP. It most likely came from the local Michael's, or maybe JoAnn's - possibly Hobby Lobby. I got it last year so am not sure if it is still available. Only a few of the designs are specifically Christmas related. I would share but there is not much left of some styles!!
Merry Christmas.

Heather North said...

Dorothy, you are so sweet! I'll keep my eye out in the clearance rack.
P.S. I had to make a batch of Chocolate Chips just for my DH so he doesn't have to share them, so I completely understand your DH.

Lynn McAuley said...

I know the teachers will feel appreciated when they receive these sweet treats!! Beautiful work, Heather!