12.16.2012

Scrapbook Sunday

Welcome to another scrapbook Sunday!!!  These pages were  created back in the Fall when I got together with some of my scrapbooking friends.  It's always a joy to scrapbook with these ladies.  We may not always get a lot of pages completed, but we always get inspired and have fun.

The background paper I used in this layout was fairly dark, so I matted the pictures with some light cardstock to make them pop.  I used a Cricut to cut out the titles.  On the LHS (left hand side) my son is signing "I Love You".   It's something we do to each other often, especially when I am dropping the kids off at school as a way to tell them I love them without embarrassing them in front of their friends.  My son did this to me as I was taking pictures of the sunset, and I wanted to capture it here.



On the RHS I only ended up with 2 pictures.  Sometimes it is hard to scrapbook if you only have 1 or 2 pictures.  I definitely wanted to include the lovely sunset and I wanted it to stand out.  What I did was take a wide strip of paper and placed it in the center of my page.  Next I put the two pictures in that center strip and I added sentiments above and below the pictures.  Sometimes just a word or two can really tell a story.  The last thing I did was to run the title in two long vertical strips, one on each side of the center strip. 


If you are looking for a good glue to stick those letters on, I think the 2 way glue pen works great!


2-Way Glue Pen - by Stampin' Up!
2 Way Glue Pen

Another option when you don't have a ton of pictures is to add some fun papers and embellishments to the page and let your picture shine.  I like to layer stips of paper that are different widths together and add some strips with a border punched out. This works especially well with those school pictures or professional pics. 


It's also a fabulous way to use up scraps!  You gotta love the look on Tyler's face.  (LHS)  Yep, that's the smile we got for an entire year.  :) 


2-1/2 Inch Circle Punch - by Stampin' Up!
2 1/2" Circle Punch


Scallop Edge Border Punch - by Stampin' Up!
Scallop Edge Border Punch

Creative Blessings,
Heather North

No comments: