12.26.2012

Peace On Earth

Did you have a wonderful Christmas?   Mine was spent with my children and husband and animals.  It's all I ever want from a holiday.  :)  Of course the presents were nice too.  I got some new Stampin' UP! goodies from the upcoming Spring catalog and a Kindle Fire HD!!!  How fun! 

I was playing in my hobby room and trying out some new techniques.  It didn't turn out the way I envisioned it, but I'm sharing it with you anyway.   Sometimes we have to just play and experiment.  Even if the results are different than what we are going for, hopefully we are learning in the process.


To make the ice skaters I versamark and black embossing powder.  Next I colored in the images with my markers and used a Versamark pen over the entire image.  At this point the colors started to bleed.  I probably should have waited for the ink to dry before using the versamark pen.  ;)  I put some clear embossing powder of the image and heat set it.

After the card was complete I came in with some Dazzling Details to add sparkle to the pond and cuffs and hat of the lady.

 
My plan is to send this card to the people of Newtown with my thoughts and prayers.  If you would like to also send your condolences to the community the post office in Newton has set up a special PO Box.

Messages of Condolence for Newtown
PO Box 3700
Newtown CT 06470

My thoughts are never too far away from this community.  It has made this holiday season bittersweet as I hold my own children close and thank the Lord for each day I have had with them.  All the while knowing that there are parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who wish they could do the same.    Sending a card is a small thing, I know, but it also shows the community that others are joining them in their loss and holding them up in our thoughts and prayers. A simple card can mean so much.  I pray it does.

Creative Blessings,
Heather North


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! And such a sweet thing to do. It's all the little things that people do to equal something huge.
My blog URL has changed..it is now stamperbythesea.blogspot.com
~Brandie~

Dorothy S said...

Your note cards are lovely. Would you mind if I case them? Also, I have just learned a bit about Pinterest, and I would like to add this to my collection. Would that be ok?
I forget to score and that makes for such an elegant look.
BTW, the bookmarks are nice too - could be the items are a tie???

Heather North said...

Of course you CASE and Pin and share my work. I would be honored if you did. :) You are so sweet to ask.