11.08.2012

Travel With Me

Today is a travel day for me.  While I am not going to Paris, I can dream of going there some day.  I love to make cards like this and put them on a shelf in my hobby room for inspiration and dreaming.  This card looks 100 times better in person. 

 
The Eiffel tower was embossed with Black Embossing Powder, then I used a yellow marker to color in the "lights".  It's hard to see in the picture.   The medallions are made using white embossing powder.  Then I used various colors of sponges to create the sky and grass.

The   love charm hanging from the taffeta ribbon was found on the Clearance Rack.  I'm not sure if it's still available, but you can click HERE to check.  ;)



Creative Blessings,
Heather North


Artistic Etchings - Clear-Mount Stamp Set - by Stampin' Up!
Artistic Etchings

Stamping Sponges - by Stampin' Up!
Stampin Sponges

Trinket Hearts
Trinket Hearts
$2.79


4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful sponged background on this great design, Heather!! This wonderful image has me dreaming of Paris, as well!

Smiles, Laurie said...

I lvoe this card, the image, BG and bottom border are all lovely!

Nathalia O. said...

Heather, what a beautiful card! The sponged background is beautiful. Here's hoping that we both make it to Paris some day!

Shea said...

Oh my, this might be one of my favorite Heather cards yet. It's like a miniature painting with hints of Van Gogh and Monet. The sponging is out of this world gorgeous! And you chose the perfect image on which to do it. What a BEAUTIFUL card!