11.05.2012

Retro Monday



Getting my Mojo back after being sick.   While I wasn't feeling well I didn't go out in the hobby room, but I did get on the computer and look for ideas and inspiration.   Today I was able to take that stack of ideas in the craft room and make a quick card.



This card is 100% inspired by Retro Sketches.  Ok, I did pick out the paper, but I would NEVER have thought of this design on my own.  That is why I love sketches.  So  much fun to try something new and perhaps discover and a new way of making things.  It was fun to overlap my framelits and it adds a lot of interest to a fairly Clean And Simple (CAS) card. 


Best of all, this is a great way to use up scraps!  It's hard to believe I have any of this Fan Fair DSP left.  I've used it lots and love it!  I'm going to get another pack of it to use in my scrapbooks.   (Afterall I get 2 free packs of paper each month for the rest of the year due to some SU incentives.)


Honestly, I don't know who I will be sending this to.  I just wanted to create something today and use colors I normally don't reach for.  There is always somebody having a birthday though, so I'm sure it will go to somebody soon.




Creative Blessings,
Heather North
Rochester, WA

Card Recipe: (All items Stampin' UP!)
Stamps: Beautiful Birthday
Paper: Fan Fair DSP, Very Vanilla CS, Riding Hood Red CS
Ink: Early Espresso
Misc.: Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon, Round Designer Ribbon Slides, Apothecary Framelits, Labels Framelits, Linen Thread

5 comments:

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the beautiful simplicity of this card--the twine really makes the difference! LOVE it! :)

Nathalia O. said...

Your card turned out lovely! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.

Unknown said...

Yay for improving health! This card is gorgeous. I spotted that sketch a few days ago and wrote it off, but you have inspired me to have a go!

Unknown said...

Love this simple layout! It's perfect!

Smiles, Laurie said...

I sure want to give this sketch a try when I see this fabulous card. I love the sort of denim look and for me, a country feel to the card.
I love all the details.